Saturday, March 23, 2024

Marching On

 The year continues Marching on - too fast for my liking.  I have been busy making cards but can't seem to find the time to post them as well.  

Here are the cards I designed for my card class this month and I am entering the bird one in the Just Us Girls challenge for the last half of March.  

The background paper on this one is some wrapping paper that I saved for a while and finally decided to use it - it worked well for a rather jungle background for my Toucan.  I added some large die-cut leaves and a flower to his jungle habitat.  The inside has a few more stamped leaves and a flower with a banner that says thank you.  



This is the only gatefold card I have made for ages.  I don't know why- just get into the folded in the middle card base.  the welcoming window set is fun to use with all the flowers and things you can add to thee window.  I kept this one pretty simple with just stamped and die-cut window and shutters then added the flowers popped up along with the sentiment so it could latch the card. 


This AI stamp has been in my collection for quite some time.  Decided to use it for a Splitcoaststampers Technique Challenge this week.  

And I had to make my daughter a birthday card as well.  She had asked me to make her a bookmark.  So I made the bookmark, Heat embossed some flowers in black and then water colored them.  then I stamped more of the flowers and used the same treatment on them.  I tore the edge of that panel and added it to a background I had stenciled. I added a frame for the bookmark to slip into.  Not really fancy but she liked it.  And it will be nice she will use part of the card instead of having it just sit on a shlef.  


I've had to make several get well cards lately.  I made this one for the leaderr of my women''s church group to use when we have someone become ill.  I did another one for her as well to keep on hand but forgot to take a picture of it.  My first thought is usually a picture, but not this time. 

This is the beginning of my church cards for April.  I have 7 more to make.  so I had better get busy instead of putting pictures on here.  But I do like t share the cards I make and hope you enjoy seeing them.  I will be back soon, because the reveal will be coming up for the Caard Chain challenge. 
I'll see you then. 


1 comment:

Marching On

 The year continues Marching on - too fast for my liking.  I have been busy making cards but can't seem to find the time to post them as...