Friday, September 15, 2023

Keeping in Touch with Friends

About twelve years ago we moved about 100 miles away from our home of 28 years.  We are in that area once in a while but have not taken the time to hook up with our friends very often from our old neighborhood.  But we did that a couple of weeks ago and it was so enjoyable.  We met over a meal (of course) and had a good visit and were able to catch up on what was happening with at least one couple.  We should do this more often and with larger groups or we will lose touch with everyone eventually.  

A couple of weeks ago I made this little Christmas Card with a snowman on it.  I decided to hook him up with some friends today by entering the car in the Christmas Kwickstart Challenge. Christmas Kickstart Challenge,   He will be making new friends. 

 


New dies and a piece of gold foil paper (already cut) found in my scrap box led to this Christmas card. 


It's been many months since I've been able to play in the Challenges on Splitcoast Stampers.  The Tuesday Teapot Challenge has always been one of my favorites there.  This card went to John, the Husband of a good friend from the site.  He needed some cheering up and loves sailing. 


And finally, I made 8 of these cards for all of the ladies in my church group who have birthdays in September.  Thankfully that paper does most of the work for the background flowers.  I only die-cut a few to add for dimension and texture.  I sure hope they like their cards.  







3 comments:

  1. A beautiful collection of cards, Patricia, I love each one, but the snowman card is my fav pick of a lovely selection. Thanks for playing at Christmas Kickstart with Kimberley and me, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw your snowman on CKC and it is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! A lot of creating going on over here!!! Im jealous!I need to do MORE!
    Yay! Loving this challenge, seeing so many AWESOME snowmen cards!!!
    Thank you so much for sharing your creativity in the gallery for this month's Chillin' with the Gnomies at the Christmas Kickstart Challenge with Dotty Jo as the Hostess!
    HUGS!!! =Kimberly - aka..this months guestie!

    ReplyDelete

Marching On

 The year continues Marching on - too fast for my liking.  I have been busy making cards but can't seem to find the time to post them as...